Green InitiativesThe Pavilion is owned and managed by Pareto Limited, South Africa's premier Shopping Centre investor and one of the country's leading retail property industry players. As an organisation, Pareto is committed to continually improving the environmental performance of our buildings, ensuring safe and comfortable surroundings for our occupants, and contributing to a healthy and sustainable environment in our communities.
We are proud members of the Green Building Council of South Africa and the Pavilion Shopping Centre strives to be a community leader in environmental initiatives and is proud of the results to date including:
- Longstanding cardboard recycling program
- Glass and plastic recycling programme
Recycling statistics for 2016
- 1,000 bulbs converted to energy saving bulbs
- 123.4 kg of glass recycled
- 56.78 kg of metal recycled
- 910.11 kg of cardboard recycled
- A BMS (building maintenance system) has been installed to better control HVAC and lighting and increase all energy efficiencies through use of our automated system.
- Energy efficient light fixtures have been installed throughout the shopping Centre parking areas.
- Interior light reduction program whereby some of the lighting in low traffic areas is switched off after hours.
- Temperatures altered to suit the seasons. Changing the temperature by a couple of degrees can save many kilowatts and Rands in the long run.
- Planting on the property with indigenous ‘water wise’ plants.
- On site nursery.
- Hand dryers in all customer bathrooms which reduce paper waste
Public on-site recycling CentreSituated adjacent to the open parking behind the Centre is our easily accessible waste recycling Centre which is open to the public. The public is encouraged to make use of this convenient facility to deposit their waste paper, plastic for recycling.
Contact Person:Waste Manager: Brett Jackson
Cell: 072 166 4735
Monday - Sunday
09h00 - 19h00
09h00 - 19h00
*Banking times differ please contact your specific branch to enquire.